Friday, March 25, 2011

maria moyer/porcelain artist


portrait of the beautiful and talented Maria Moyer today. I am lucky to call her my friend, but she is also an amazing porcelain artist. So glad to include her in the American Craftsman project. My knowledge of porcelain is minimal, but from sitting and watching Maria work, it seems finicky. From knowing Maria, I think this is why she likes it so much. And what she can do with it....geez...
I spotted one of her exquisite porcelain roses at an apartment I was shooting yesterday (more on that soon). These lovely little roses are available at BDDW on Crosby street in NYC. She has a few other projects that are equally beautiful and interesting, but I am not going to breathe a word about them until I know I can. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment