Thursday, September 29, 2011

maria moyer/light

Yesterday I spent the day with Maria Moyer, photographing her home for my project on craftsmen (and women). One of my favorite things about working on my own projects is being able to take a bit of time with these people and shooting their space. You can't really get to know a space by just showing up and shooting it right away. Spaces, like people, have moods. They change with the light, with the season, with what is going on in the person's life. Yesterday, I was able to just watch the light in Maria's house as it bounced off walls and ebbed and flowed with the day (see the two shots today of the same room only a couple of hours apart). I love being able to watch light. It is how you get the most beautiful image. Patience. And the beauty of being able to go back a second (or third, fourth or fifth) day to see what mood the space is in is how you really reveal what a space is really like. And somehow, I think it reveals what the person that lives there is like as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment