Friday, December 2, 2011

jb blunk residency/tara tucker

As mentioned, I shot artist Tara Tucker yesterday who is currently in residence at the JB Blunk Residency in Inverness. I love Tara's work for it's intricacies and whimsy. Talking to her about why she painted each animal ended up being an eduction in the wildlife of the area (and not so wild...the famous poodle of Pt. Reyes?). As I was shooting in the bedroom, where most of her pieces on canvas are at the moment, I got a bit taken with the play of these shafts of light with her work. I am familiar with this light from having shot here so many times, but they were calling out to me yesterday.
More images from the residency shoot on Monday. Have a fantastic weekend friends! Let's hope this glorious weather holds for a bit longer. It is really nirvana in SF lately!



No comments:

Post a Comment