Friday, February 17, 2012

los angeles/neutra

Spending this week in LA shooting and visiting a few Neutra's has had an odd effect on me. I used to live in LA for about 10 years and I have inadvertently visited all my old neighborhoods and haunts this week. This Neutra is one of the Strathmore apartments in Westwood. Apparently I lived about 5 blocks away from this when I was 19 and had no idea. Of course, my interest in architecture was not what it is now. In fact I was not even a photographer at that time. I was studying French. But through this experience in Westwood as well as speaking to the graduating class at my alma mater Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, I have not only visited places where I used to live, I have visited the girl I used to be at those times. I am happy to say it has not made me at all nostalgic (a shocker) it has only made me appreciate where I am. I loved my years in LA and wouldn't trade them for the world. They have gotten me to where I am now. A deeply happy place.
Have a beautiful weekend friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment